- Tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil, is an essential oil that comes from steaming the leaves of the Australian tea tree.
- When used topically, tea tree oil is believed to be antibacterial.
- Tea tree oil is commonly used to treat acne, athlete’s foot, lice, nail fungus and insect bites.
Use this recipe to relieve inflamed skin:
- Combine 10 drops tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil.
- Mix well, and store in a sealed container.
- Apply to the affected area up to twice per day until symptoms resolve.